- Fazekas to Transfer and the Class of ’15
- Key Recruiting Targets in Local All Star Game
- Ed Cooley Postgame Press Conference
- Despite Surprise Run, This One Stings
- It’s USC…Again
- Opportunity Lost at MSG
- Cartwright, Bullock Named 2nd Team All BE
- Isaiah Jackson Emerges for Providence
- PC vs. St. John’s in 3 Minutes
- Twitter Reactions: Providence Wins #20
Watson, Dickens Sign with the Friars
- Updated: November 9, 2016
Class of 2017 Friar recruits Nate Watson and Dajour Dickens have signed their letters of intent today to attend Providece College. Both Watson and Dickens are considered Top 100 type players nationally. Here is the complete press release from Providence College:
PROVIDENCE, R.I. — Providence College men’s basketball coach Ed Cooley announced today (November 9) that student-athletes Nate Watson (Arlington, Va.) and Dajour Dickens (Hampton, Va.) each signed a National Letter of Intent to attend Providence College beginning in September 2017. The two student-athletes make up a Friar recruiting class which is ranked in the top-25 by Scout.com (No. 23) and Rivals.com (No. 24).
Watson, a 6-foot-9-inch, 250-pound forward attends Bishop O’Connell High School in Washington, D.C. where he is coached by Joe Wooten. At Bishop O’Connell, he averaged 13.0 points and 7.6 rebounds per game in 2016 in the very competitive Catholic League. He also played for the DC Premier AAU Team. Watson is rated as a four-star recruit by ESPN.com, Scout.com, Rivals.com and 247sports.com. Scout (No. 63), Rivals (No. 78) and 247sports (No. 91) all have Watson ranked as a top-100 recruit.