- Fazekas to Transfer and the Class of ’15
- Key Recruiting Targets in Local All Star Game
- Ed Cooley Postgame Press Conference
- Despite Surprise Run, This One Stings
- It’s USC…Again
- Opportunity Lost at MSG
- Cartwright, Bullock Named 2nd Team All BE
- Isaiah Jackson Emerges for Providence
- PC vs. St. John’s in 3 Minutes
- Twitter Reactions: Providence Wins #20
Friar Recruit Brandon Austin, Imhotep Win State Title
- Updated: March 23, 2013
Future Friar Brandon Austin wrapped up his high school career with a third straight state title on Friday night. His Imhotep Charter team finished the year 28-5, grabbing the title with a 54-45 victory over rival Archbishop Carroll.
Austin was the game’s leading scorer with 25 points (no one else on either team had more than 13) on 9-15 shooting from the field, 6-6 at the free throw line and 1-3 from deep. He scored 13 of his 25 points in the 2nd quarter.
The 6’6 Austin is ESPN’s 56th ranked player in the class of 2013 and will provide Providence with versatility next season. He’s a threat if left open from deep and handles the ball well for his size.
I went to Philadelphia to see Austin play against powerhouse Chester at the end of December. Here is the video from what ended up being a terrific game that night.