- Fazekas to Transfer and the Class of ’15
- Key Recruiting Targets in Local All Star Game
- Ed Cooley Postgame Press Conference
- Despite Surprise Run, This One Stings
- It’s USC…Again
- Opportunity Lost at MSG
- Cartwright, Bullock Named 2nd Team All BE
- Isaiah Jackson Emerges for Providence
- PC vs. St. John’s in 3 Minutes
- Twitter Reactions: Providence Wins #20
Cotton Approaching Billy D’s 3 Point Record
- Updated: March 23, 2013
After making 4-8 from three point range against Charlotte on Wednesday night, Bryce Cotton became just the third Friar in school history to make over 90 threes in a season. Only Ernie Lewis (95) and school single season record holder Billy Donovan (97) have made as many as Cotton (92) this season.
Cotton’s 249 three point attempts are more than any other Friar in school history, and his 92 makes from beyond the arc put him in position to make a run at Donovan’s mark.
Assuming good health in his senior season, Cotton could set the school record for career three pointers next year. He’s currently at 183, a figure that has him fourth in school history already, behind Jamel Thomas (201), Sharaud Curry (207) and record holder Donnie McGrath (274). McGrath took a whopping 753 three pointers in his PC career, far and away ahead of Thomas and Curry who shot 587 and 563 three pointers in their PC careers.