- Fazekas to Transfer and the Class of ’15
- Key Recruiting Targets in Local All Star Game
- Ed Cooley Postgame Press Conference
- Despite Surprise Run, This One Stings
- It’s USC…Again
- Opportunity Lost at MSG
- Cartwright, Bullock Named 2nd Team All BE
- Isaiah Jackson Emerges for Providence
- PC vs. St. John’s in 3 Minutes
- Twitter Reactions: Providence Wins #20
Live from Groton, MA: Cushing vs Kimball Union in 7 Minutes (video)
- Updated: March 2, 2013
Ed Cooley and Brian Blaney were on hand on Friday night to see the impressive Abdul-Malik Abu and Kimball Union take on Cushing’s Kaleb Joseph, Jalen Adams and Butler-bound big man Andrew Chrabascz in a NEPSAC AA semifinal.
Both Abu and Joseph are primary 2014 targets for Providence, and it was easy to see why on Friday night. Abu was outstanding throughout, scoring on the interior, controlling the glass and defending the rim with his terrific athleticism.
Adams, a 2015 guard that PC is also recruiting, was particularly impressive with his passing ability in Cushing’s 63-53 victory. He’s known for his shooting ability, but piled up pretty assists as the night wore on.
Rather than writing a game story I captured the game in a 7 Minute video – including both the highs and the lows of each Friar target. Abu dominated the game early, as Kimball Union ran out to a 15-8 lead, but Cushing’s Big 3 eventually took the game over, with Adams playing a big role off of the bench in the second half.
Cushing will take on #8 seed St. Andrew’s who upset #1 Worcester on Wednesday before defeating Tilton on Friday night.